While listening to a debate about cruelty towards animals and writing down few quotes , I put together flow contributed by Justas (who flowed using a weird text software):
- Problem: poor Tibet, it is suppressed by China
- ARG 11: Olympic essence
- It should be fair games but now it is not
- Unite people (no war at that time)
- Korea’s managed to unite even for some time
- ARG 12: Sportsman satisfaction
- Many sportsman already demonstrated their dissatisfaction
- Medal would not be important for them
- Bad reputation already
- NARG 11: Purpose of Olympics
- Something other 🙂
- NARG 12: Boycott is not efficient
- Better use economic sanctions etc – it is way better
- Everyone already knows that China is bad, so more tough actions are needed to change situation, boycott is not enough
- USA boycott Olympics n years ago but that did not help Russia
- NARG 3: Politicization of Olympics
- It is an arena for political fights
- It is …
- ARG 21: Would boycott really help?
- It is necessary, otherwise China would not know that it is doing wrong
- ARG 22: Sportsman suffer
- Maybe so in the short-run
- But if no boycott, then we would have Olympics in Iran.. SO WHAT?
- ARG 23: Boycott as a tool
- It is one of the tools
- ARG 24: Politicization:
- It is necessary that it would be right etc
- ARG 25: Bad excuse for future oppressing countries
- Iran will say that none boycotted China, so how can you boycott us?
- ARG 26: Historical example:
- WW2 was caused by not boycotting Berlin Olympics 🙂
- NARG 21: Historical example
- Bad example because no Olympics during WW2
- 2. PoI: Olympics is different, because there are many sports in one place 😀
- NARG 22: Nature of sports (Olympics)
- Peace is most important for Olympics 🙂
- SO need to have Olympics to maintain peace
- Olympics is like award to good sportsman, not only good performance
- + SO, first you will harm sporsman, but not China
- ARG 31: National identity is so much important
- ARG 32: Why Boycott is the best tool?!
- There is a difference between internal and external effect
- Inside: Chinese will see that there simply are no Olympics 🙂
- + They have no normal media
- No-Olympics will encourage opposition
- Good 🙂
- ARG 33: Social contract
- Other countries are also involved
- China wants eco growth etc
- Other countries want fair stuff:
- + Since there is no fairness, we (other countries) can break their part of social contract -> not allow Olympics
- Why to pick stupid example from first half?
- NARG 31: Will there be any change?
- No, because the cost of letting Tibet free is going to encourage other parts of China also to claim their independence
- Internal pressure <…> ?
- NARG 32: Contract
- Be be be me me me
- NARG 33: What Olympics mean for China?
- It is very important, because during Ol, China opens for foreigners
- Learn a lot, get practice, improve economics
- Transparency increase (doesn’t go like in Korea)
- + Huge future development
- ARG 41: What Olympics mean for China?
- Openness is going to come anyway
- ARG 42: Meaning of Olympics
- Very important for the world
- Flag, torch, freedom bla bla
- ARG 43: Benefits for China
- It is not fair, that China uses Ol to attract money, and they at the same time abuse people, just build cities etc
- ARG 44: Meaning of boycott
- By not boycotting we agree with China’s policies etc
- ARG 45: The contract
- China already showed that they do not care about their contract side
- SO, fuck the contract
- + Otherwise one sided unfair contract where China wins by abusing
- NARG 41: Would the plan help Tibet?
- China already proved that it does not give a fuck about international pressure so it will not react to boycott as it is expected
- Costs for China (of letting Tibet free) are so high, that they will not even consider it
- Would transparency change anything?
- + Olympics (media) will ‘force’ to
- NARG 42: How will it effect Ol and symbol of peace?
- It is so important for countries
- We definitely have to allow all to come
- + ‘no matter what is the political situation in you country you are still invited to participate’
- Peace is the essence of the life!