Last Thursday we had last session of year 2007. To be honest, it wasn’t really a session, instead we had some fun in Piranija place. Some of us discovered the beauty of the board game called “LifeBoats” – game based on debate and negotiations! 🙂
As this debating year has ended let me wish two things:
- Let’s keep fingers crossed for Kristina & Martin in Thailand Worlds – bring back success for our debate club!
- Let Christmas for all of you be snowy and white, plus have a lot of debating success in New year 2008!
On a negative note; however, there is something I want to tell to all of you! 😦
I felt rather sad & disappointed when just a few people (more precisely 5!) showed up on the session last Thursday. I mean each member of the debate club must feel responsibility for devoting herself to the club. If you don’t do it, why should I come twice a week, risk my work and personal life?
It’s not that we just come together & debate.. Debate club is more than that – it is a place were people discuss important issues, spend their free time, have some of their friends. You have to be able to fully devote yourself to the club, only then can a club give you something back..
I would be glad if you reconsidered your priorities and made a decision how important debate club is for you:
- (Priority A) Almost anything can happen but you will still attend debate club related events;
- (Priority B) There are just few things more important the debate club, I am still mostly available for the club;
- (Priority C) There are many things that are more important than debate club, I would only attend debate club related events if I had nothing more interesting to do.